Smart Sensor Systems (SSS' 2006)
A Four-day EuroTraining Quality Labeled (QL) Approved Engineering Course (ET4233)
24- 27 April, 2006 Delft, The Netherlands
General Information About the Course
Lectures are given by top experts from universities and industries. The prerequisite for the course is a basic knowledge of electrical circuits and systems. Course will be taught in English. Each attendee will receive a certificate of attendance at the course.
Recent developments in the field of smart sensor systems are reviewed. After a general overview system details are discussed, concerning: sensor principles, tandem transducers, smart analog interfaces, modifiers, A/D conversion, busses and digital interfaces, DSPs and microcontrollers. A systematic approach towards the design of smart sensor systems is presented. The lectures include case studies and hands-on demonstrations.
The course will be held at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Mekelweg 4, Jan Anthony Snijderszaal, room LB1.010 of Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
Course Contents and Lecturers
1. Introduction to the course programme (G.C.M. Meijer, TU Delft)
2. Where and how to apply smart sensor systems (J.H. Huijsing, TU Delft)
3. Measurement techniques for smart sensor systems (G.C.M. Meijer, TU Delft)
4. Silicon sensors: an introduction (Paddy J. French, TU Delft)
5. Physical chemosensors (Michael J. Vellekoop, Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
6. Integrated Hall magnetic sensors (Pavel Kejik, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland)
7. Capacitive Sensors (Xiujun Li, TU Delft)
8. Smart temperature sensors (G.C.M. Meijer, TU Delft)
9. Opto-Electro-Mechanical MicroSystems (MOEMS) (Gleb Vdovin, TU Delft)
10.Interface electronics and busses (Frank Riedijk, Xensor Integration, Delfgauw)
11.Calibration and self-calibration of smart sensors (Michiel A.P.Pertijs, TU Delft)
12. Microcontrollers and Digital Signal Processors (R.M. Ivanov, Bulgaria)
13. Universal asynchronous sensor interfaces (G.C.M. Meijer, TU Delft)
14. Dynamic offset-cancellation techniques (Kofi A. A. Makinwa, TU Delft)
15. Smart pressure transducer interface for high-temperature applications (Paul C. de Jong, ECN, Petten)
16. Introduction to CMOS-based DNA Microarrays (R. Thewes, Infineon, Germany)
17. Hands-on Demonstrations (A. Heidary, X.Li, G. Wang, H.M.M. Kerkvliet (TU Delft) A. Kerezov, (Technical University Sofia, Bulgaria)
This course is organized by:
Delft Institute of Microelectronics and Submicron Technology (DIMES)
Delft University of Technology
Delft, The Netherlands
G.C.M. Meijer, TU Delft
J.H. Huijsing, TU Delft
Delft University of Technology, Faculty of EEMCS
Laboratory for Electronic Instrumentation
Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft
Deadline for Registration
April 10, 2006
Photos from the previous Smart Sensor Systems SSS' 2002 course.
1999 - 2006 Copyright ©, International Frequency Sensor Association (IFSA). All Rights Reserved.
Home - News - Links - Archives - Tools - Standardization - Patents - Marketplace - Projects - Wish List - Subscribe - Search - Membership - Site Map
Members Area -Sensors Portal -Training Courses - S&T Digest - For advertisers - Bookstore - Forums - Polls - e-Shop - Sensor Jobs